When you have small amounts of technotrash, use Pack-IT.
The GreenDisk Technotrash Pack-IT Service is designed to meet the recycling needs of individuals and organizations that accumulate small amounts of technotrash. Concerns about data security and environmental responsibility are met by our well-defined recycling procedures and comprehensive audit trail.
You can dispose of most computer-related waste that fits into your box. That includes anything from a CD to cords, mice, cell phones, and printer cartridges (use the computer & component service for your laptop, desktop cpu, or monitor). See WHAT WE TAKE list below.
With Technotrash Cans, you pay one fee that includes the collection box, shipping of the technotrash to the GreenDisk processing facility, and processing. With Technotrash Pack-IT, you just pay us for the processing. You use your own box and pay your own shipping.
Simply put your technotrash into a box, estimate the weight of your box, order the Pack-IT Service (below), print out the shipping label, and send the box off to GreenDisk … using your preferred shipper at your convenience. All content on media is destroyed and all of the physical materials are disposed of in an environmentally responsible manner.
Technotrash Pack-IT Service – 20 lbs or less $6.95
Additional pounds over 20 lbs. (*Pack-IT order above required) $0.30
For any Pack-IT order over 20 lbs., identify the number of boxes in the Pack-IT service area. Then identify the number of lbs. over 20 lbs. per box in the “additional pounds” area.
What we take
We accept the following in either the Technotrash Can or the Pack-IT service:
- All forms of electronic media and their cases: diskettes, zip disks, CDs, CD-Rs, CD-RWs, DVDs et al, video tape (i.e. VHS), audio tape, game cartridges, DAT, DLT, Beta or Digibeta, and virtually all other type of computer tapes.
- Hard drives, Zip and Jazz drives, jump drives, etc.
- All forms of printer cartridges including both inkjet and toner.
- All types of cell phones, pagers, PDAs and their chargers, cables, and headset accessories
- All types of rechargeable batteries (not regular alkaline ones) and their chargers
- All of the small computer accessories such as MP3 players, iPods, digital cameras, hand-held scanners, handheld games and other connected devices. (Technotrash Can Only)
- All of the cords, cables, boards, chips, etc. attached to or removed from a computer.
- Laptop computers. (Technotrash Can Only)